Arthroplasty is an orthopedic surgical procedure where the articular surface of a musculoskeletal joint is replaced, remodelled, or realigned by osteotomy or some other procedure. BIOTEK offers upper extremities arthroplasty range with Radial Head Arthroplasty, Hemi Shoulder Arthroplasty and Total Elbow Arthroplasty.
OSKAR® Radial Head Prosthesis
Available in Standard and Extra Long Sizes, the OSKAR® Radial Head Implant is a one-piece intramedullary-stemmed implant designed to help preserve the joint space and relationships of the radio-humeral and proximal radio-ulnar joints following irreparable radial head or neck.
- Primary replacement after fracture of the radial head where fixation is not possible in isolation or with associated injuries
- Symptomatic sequelae after radial head resection
- The OSKAR® Radial Head Implant is available in seven sizes to adequately meet various operative requirements.
Standard Stem - Variants
Dimensions (in milimeters)
|Size||1.0 (Ext. Small)||1.5 (Small)||2 (Medium)||2.5 (Large)||3.0 (Ext. Small)|
Long Stem - Variants
Dimensions (in milimeters)
|Size||1.5 (Small Long)||2.5 (Large Long)|
NOTE: The use of extra-long radial head implant is indicated when there is a lack of bone stock at the radial neck and the distance between the capitellum and the proximal radius is too long for the conventional style implant. This situation can be seen when there has been a comminuted radial head fracture including the neck or following an overzealous bone removal in radial head excision procedures.
|BOR-33.10||OSKAR® Radial Head Size 1.0, Extra Small, Uncemented|
|BOR-34.15||OSKAR® Radial Head Size 1.5, Small, Uncemented|
|BOR-35.15||OSKAR® Radial Head Size 1.5, Small Long, Cemented|
|BOR-36.20||OSKAR® Radial Head Size 2.0, Medium, Uncemented|
|BOR-37.25||OSKAR® Radial Head Size 2.5, Large, Uncemented|
|BOR-38.25||OSKAR® Radial Head Size 2.5, Large Long, Cemented|
|BOR-39.30||OSKAR® Radial Head Size 3.0, Extra Large, Uncemented|
TEXX-21® Total Elbow Arthroplasty System
Total Elbow is indicated for primary and revision intervention, post traumatic and rheumatoid arthritis, and trauma reconstruction. For complete patient matching flexibility, the TEXX-21® Total Elbow is unsurpassed in interchangeability and design and is the total elbow of choice for its ease of use. It is backed by more than a decade of clinical success. The ease-of-operation, enhanced fixation, and simple, precise instrumentation provides excellent results.
The rationale behind the TEXX-21® Total Elbow was to create a device that replicates anatomy while providing a superior mechanism that is easier to assemble and revise. It was also a priority to create an instrument set that was ideal for a broad range of surgeons.
The device is intended for use with both the humeral and ulnar components inserted with bone cement.
Your physician may determine that an elbow replacement is appropriate if you have one or more of the following conditions:
- Bone injury or bone loss contributing to elbow instability
- Abnormal stiffness, immobility, and consolidation of the elbow joint (ankylosis)
- Painful deterioration of the elbow joint cartilage (osteoarthritis)
- Painful inflammation in the lining of the elbow joint (rheumatoid arthritis)
- Arthritis resulting from physical injury to the elbow joint (traumatic arthritis)
- Elbow joint instability or loss of motion, which cannot be satisfactorily addressed by more conservative treatment options
- A previous elbow joint replacement which has worn or failed
Snap-fit Locking Pin
- Two-piece locking pin simply snaps together and provides accuracy and efficiency.
- Easy disassembly of the locking pin enhances interchangeability in revision cases.
- Allows for assembly or disassembly without compromising either epicondyle.
- Addresses individual anatomy by allowing any humeral component to be used with any ulnar component.
Enhanced Ulnar Positioning
- Anatomically designed ulnar component (for Right/Left Limb) allows for anatomic axis of motion.
- Quadrangular to match canal landscape, to help minimize intramedullary rotation in the ulna.
- Poly Bushings, with Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene, prevents metal-to-metal contact
Anatomic Humeral Stem
- Triangular to match landscape of canal maximizing stability and minimizing rotation.
- Permits insertion of bone graft anteriorly to enhance thickening of bone stock where maximum stress occurs, reducing posterior displacement and torsional forces and helping protect bone/cement/implant interface.
- The longer flange option addresses clinical situations involving distal/humeral bone loss without compromising elbow joint performance.
TEXX-21® Instrument set
|BTE-1147||TEXX-21® Humeral Stem, (with flange), Small (Pack includes locking pin BTE-1145.M & BTE-1146.F)|
|BTE-1148||TEXX-21® Humeral Stem, (with flange), Medium (Pack includes locking pin BTE-1145.M & BTE-1146.F)|
|BTE-1149||TEXX-21® Humeral Stem, (with flange), Large (Pack includes locking pin BTE-1145.M & BTE-1146.F)|
|BTE-1150||TEXX-21® Humeral Stem, (with long flange), Small, Extra-Long (Pack includes locking pin BTE-1145.M & BTE-1146.F)|
|BTE-1141.07L||TEXX-21® Ulna Component Left, Small, 7mm|
|BTE-1142.07R||TEXX-21® Ulna Component Right, Small, 7mm|
|BTE-1143.09L||TEXX-21® Ulna component Left, Large, 9mm|
|BTE-1144.09R||TEXX-21® Ulna component Right, Large, 9mm|
|BTE-1152.07L||TEXX-21® Ulna Component Left, Small, 7mm, Extra-long|
|BTE-1153.07R||TEXX-21® Ulna Component Right, Small, 7mm, Extra-long|
|BTE-1154.09L||TEXX-21® Ulna Component Left, Large, 9mm, Extra-long|
|BTE-1155.09R||TEXX-21® Ulna Component Right, Large, 9mm, Extra-long|
|BTE-1145.M||TEXX-21® Locking Pin Male|
|BTE-1146.F||TEXX-21® Locking Pin Female|
|BIT-040||Graphic Case for TEXX-21® Elbow Instrument Set|
URSA® Hemi-Shoulder Arthroplasty
The URSA® Hemi-Shoulder Arthroplasty System designed for hemiarthroplasty of the shoulder has enjoyed more than a decade of clinical success. The variety of head sizes allow the surgeon to better recreate the normal anatomy which is so important in tensioning of the soft tissues for joint stability and providing maximum postoperative function.
The modular components also allow the surgeon to better reconstruct the rotator cuff tuberosity mechanism in difficult acute fractures and chronic malunions of the proximal humerus. The modular design enables the surgeon to easily revise a hemiarthroplasty by allowing unobstructed access to the glenoid.
The modularity in both the implants and instruments, increase intraoperative flexibility, offering the surgeon an excellent overall system to perform hemi-arthroplasty tailored to each patient.
The device is intended for use with a humeral stem inserted with bone cement.
The most common indications for Hemi-Shoulder Arthroplasty are:
- Non-inflammatory degenerative joint disease including osteoarthritis and avascular necrosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Correction of functional deformity
- Fractures of the proximal humerus, where other methods of treatment are deemed inadequate
- Difficult clinical management problems, including cuff arthropathy, where other methods of treatment may not be suitable or may be inadequate.
Multiple Holes on Proximal Humeral Stem
Multiple holes allow reconstruction of greater tuberosity for better stability & functionand ensure accurate fit.
Multiple head diameters to ensure accurate fit. Different neck lengths to allow proper joint tensioning.
A family of humeral component sizes has been designed to fit the wide range of humeral canals. Proper fit in the humeral canal aids in proper varus-valgus alignment. Proper fit in the metaphysis, combined with the collar, provides stability against subsidence. The three fins provide additional rotational control. A unique system of humeral cutting and broaching instruments helps achieve optimal alignment and stability with minimal bone resection.
|BUS-28.60||URSA® humeral stem, extra small, 6.0mm, SS|
|BUS-28.65||URSA® humeral stem, small, 6.5mm, SS|
|BUS-28.75||URSA® humeral stem, medium, 7.5mm, SS|
|BUS-28.85||URSA® humeral stem, large, 8.5mm, SS|
|BUS-31.37.14||URSA® Humeral Head Dia. 37mm, Neck Len. 14mm|
|BUS-32.39.15||URSA® Humeral Head Dia. 39mm, Neck Len. 15mm|
|BUS-33.41.17||URSA® Humeral Head Dia. 41mm, Neck Len. 17mm|
|BUS-34.43.19||URSA® Humeral Head Dia. 43mm, Neck Len. 19mm|
|BUS-35.45.21||URSA® Humeral Head Dia. 45mm, Neck Len. 21mm|